Like most websites, www.webuyanycar.com uses 'cookies' to help us, We Buy Any Car Ltd ("we" or "us"), to collect information that makes our Website easier to use and helps us to improve our services. This policy is designed to tell you about the cookies we use on our Website.
When you visit our Website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns through the use of these cookies. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the Website.
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored by your computer's hard drive that will then allow the site you are visiting to work, or work more efficiently, as well as provide information to the owner of the site.
For more information on cookies please visit allaboutcookies.org.
We use the following types of cookies on our Website:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone personally, and we will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
To get the most from our Website, you will need to have cookies enabled on your browser. If cookies aren't enabled on your computer, it will mean that your experience on our Website will be limited and you may not be able to use certain sections, such as our valuation tool, as they were intended to be used.
Different browsers have different methods of managing cookies, and you can find instructions on how to manage cookies on your browser here.
3. Cookies and third parties
We also have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored third party suppliers, some of which are listed below, who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes – in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in.
These third party suppliers may use details of your valuation (as stored in the cookie) in order to serve relevant targeted advertisements from selected third party remarketing suppliers when visiting other websites.
4. Which cookies do we use and how do we use them?
To understand more about which cookies we use and why we use them, please see the list below that describes a number of the cookies we use on the website and explains why we use them.
4.1 First party cookies
Our own cookies record details of your:
- online valuation reference;
- online valuation;
- vehicle manufacturer;
- vehicle model;
- vehicle colour;
- vehicle transmission;
- vehicle engine size;
- vehicle sample image;
- closest branches and distances.
Below is a list of the first party cookies (i.e. cookies dropped onto your browser by us) we use:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to better understand how our customers navigate to and through our Website, how long customers spend visiting our content items and how often they return to visit our Website. Google Analytics also assists our marketing colleagues to track the effectiveness of the money we spend on our digital marketing campaigns. Where a customer chooses to try our services, we keep an aggregate record of how long this takes. Google Analytics cookies are completely anonymous, no personally identifiable information is passed to Google, and they are used only to better understand site interaction and improve overall user experience. You can find out more about Google Analytics Cookies here.
- WBACAffiliateCookie: This cookie helps us record traffic from our affiliate network. The cookie records details of Affiliate ID & Advertisement ID.
- WBACTryCookie: This cookie is used to detect whether a user has cookie support, and to display an alert, as cookies are required to obtain an online valuation.
- WBACsitecountrycode: This cookie is used to determine if a visitor visits our UK Website from the US and then selects which version of the website they will be redirected to automatically in the future.
- DCStorm: We use DCStorm cookies to identify how users interact with our Website, so we can monitor things like the most popular pages and the journey that users take though the Website. The full list of DC Storm cookies can be found here.
- Monetate: We use Monetate cookies to help us tailor, analyse, manage, report, and optimise your experience on our Website. More information on Monetate cookies can be found here.
4.2 Third party cookies
When you visit webuyanycar.com you may notice some cookies that aren't related to us and carry a different name. If you visit a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites, in this example, a YouTube cookie. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
The business partners that may set third party cookies on our Website are detailed below:
- YouTube: We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
- Double Click: Google's DoubleClick products provide advertisement management and advertisement serving solutions to companies that buy, create or sell online advertising. You can find out more about Double Click here.
- Google Adwords: Google also uses various conversion cookies to help advertisers determine how many times people who click on their ads end up purchasing their products. These cookies allow Google and the advertiser to tell that you clicked the ad and later visited the advertiser site. Conversion cookies are not used by Google for interest-based ad targeting and persist for a limited time only. These cookies are generally set in the googleadservices.com domain, but may also be set in the google.com/ads domain. Conversion cookie data may also be used in combination with your Google account to link conversion events across different devices that you use. Only anonymous conversion cookie data is shared with advertisers. Sometimes a cookie may be set on the domain of the site that you are visiting. In the case of our DoubleClick product, a cookie called ‘__gads’ may be set on the domain of the site that you are visiting. You can find out more about Google Cookies here.
- Criteo: These cookies enable us to re-engage with potential customers who have left the Website via dynamic banners containing the most relevant product specific recommendations that are generated in real-time for each individual. You can find out more about Criteo Cookies here.
- Bing Ads (Adcenter): We use Bing Ads conversion tracking and an adcenter cookie, an anonymous, consistent, identifying number which is used to match the clicks on advertisements to the resulting thank-you pages.