How to Save Time on the School Run
by Sarah Lomas
Do you value your time? You’ll know how important saving time can be if you have a busy family life. And there’s nothing more hectic than the morning school run.
But it doesn’t always have to be a mad dash. Follow our tips to saving time on the school run.
- If your children have packed lunches, prepare them the night before. You could even prep for a few days in advance by making a pick ‘n’ mix of school lunches that are easy to grab.
- Also lay out school uniforms the night before; this will prevent any last minute ironing and lost items.
- Keep all school shoes in one place – by the front door. It’ll stop any shoes from going missing and also encourage children out the door too.
- Encourage older children to get themselves ready, for example, brushing their hair and putting shoes on. It’ll help you save time and give them a sense of accomplishment too.
- Keep breakfast simple on school mornings. Cereal, porridge, yoghurt and fruit are the best options – they’re easy to make and grab if you’re running late.
- Invest in an alarm clock to wake children up. Even if it only rouses them, it’ll give you a little helping hand getting them out of bed.
- Secretly put the clocks forward 10 minutes! You’ll always be ahead of schedule and if something does go wrong, you’ve got time on your side.
- Set a timer to achieve certain things by a particular time. You could turn this into a game to see which child can be ready for when the timer goes off too!
- Keep essentials in one place – keys, money, phone…put them all in the same place so you’re not looking for them at the last minute.
- Get children in bed on time! It sounds easier said than done, but a well-rested child will wake up much easier in the morning.
October 14, 2017
October 03, 2017
September 11, 2017